Friday, September 22, 2006

SixBits Six Picks - WEEK 3

After last week's performance, I have set the bar pretty high. But as I said after Week 1, I was just getting warmed up. So let's get into this week's picks.

Louisville at Kansas St (+14)
Let's be honest. No team from Kentucky or Kansas should be very good at football. Those are basketball states. Louisville, however, has managed to put quite a squad together. I don't like Big 12 foe Kansas St so I am going with Louisville.

Minnesota at Purdue (+3)
Purdue may be 3-0 but it is a pretty lame 3-0. Sort of like texas a&m's. Play somebody before declaring yourself good. This is my SixBit SURE THING. Minnesota easily covers the spread.

UTEP at New Mexico (+9.5)
UTEP has Carson Palmer's little brother. That is good enough for me. Coupled with the fact that UNM has no running game and a backup QB, I am definitely taking UTEP.

Notre Dame at Michigan State (+3)
ND let me down last week. And I don't like ND. And MSU pummeled ND last year. Of course, all of this means that I am going with ... ND! They will be looking to right the ship after last week.

Washington at Houston (+4)
I wonder if Houston still is happy with their non-selection of Reggie Bush. I haven't seen much improvement in their Defense. This is a no-brainer - Washington covers the spread.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (-2)
This is one of the huge games of the NFL weekend. I got to see an awful lot of Pittsburgh on Monday night while at the hospital and can't say I was impressed. It is going to take a few more weeks for Big Ben to get back in sync. I like the Bengals in this one.

Strangely enough, I ended up with picks for 6 road teams. We'll see how that works out; if I think about it too long, it will make me uneasy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home